Reports to: Operations Lead
Hours & Term: 10 week contract; 37.5 hours per week
Place of Work: Working remotely within Canada (stable reliable internet connection required)
Salary & Benefits: Hourly rate of $19.00 with dental and health benefits
Vacation: 1 week paid time off (prorated on contract length), plus 1.5 sick days per month
Languages required: English required. French and other languages (including Indigenous languages) is an asset.
The Enchanté Network (TEN) is the largest network of 2SLGBTQI+ organizations in Canada. We connect, support and advocate for more than 200 independent 2SLGBTQI+ organizations. Our network spans every province and territory and our members include 2 Spirit societies, pride centers, HIV/AIDS organizations, trans collectives, and countless other essential, frontline organizations.
TEN offers a strong benefits package, but most importantly, we offer the opportunity to build a truly national ecosystem of thriving 2SLGBTQI+ organizations. If you believe in the possibility of a vibrant, indigenized, anti-racist, sustainable network of 2SLGBTQI+ organizations from coast to coast to coast– we want you on our team!
The General Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support, managing membership engagement, conference planning, and communication tasks for The Enchanté Network. This is a temporary, remote position funded by Canada Summer Jobs. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to work independently, and have experience in social media management and event planning.
Please note this position is available to candidates aged 30 and under in accordance with funding agreements.
- Assist in the planning and execution of TEN Annual Conference, including coordinating logistics, managing volunteers, and overseeing event registration and attendance
- Assist program team with coordinating logistics related to the Back to Our Roots summit, as required
- Identify, book, and liaise with external facilitators and contractors under the supervision of the Operations Lead
- Facilitate monthly programs, events, and workshops as required
Administrative and Financial Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Lead, including managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and drafting correspondence
- Attend meetings and events as needed, including taking minutes and coordinating follow-up tasks
- Create, use and share templates for selecting, booking and paying external facilitators and contractors, as required
- Manage and report on assigned budgets in conversation with your direct supervisor
- Support with administrative, operational, and financial responsibilities, as required
Membership Engagement Responsibilities
- Support membership engagement efforts, including maintaining accurate membership records, responding to inquiries and providing information as required
- Support publicity, promotion, and outreach of programming and events under the supervision of the Operations Lead
- Regularly brief and update the Operations Lead on key membership dynamics, needs, and priorities
- Learn, understand, and follow protocols and traditions of the nations and communities who are members of the Enchanté Network
General Organizational Work
- Support the creation of social media and marketing content as required
- Support the development of internal and external organizational policies and procedures, including educational resources, policy reports, and evaluation reports, as required
- Support TEN’s programs team in creating, planning, and executing general Enchanté Network programs and events as required
- Support TEN’s membership team, including with strategy and maintenance of the membership database, as required
- Support TEN’s fund development team with grant prospecting and applications, as required
- Such other duties as TEN may reasonably assign to you from time to time.
Work Environment Responsibilities
- Identifying and communicating your professional development needs in conversation with your direct supervisor and TEN’s Executive Director
- Setting and maintaining boundaries, including when doing work related to identities, oppression, and community dynamics
- Cultivating open, ongoing communication with direct supervisor and staff on matters related to work-related projects, tasks, well-being, and capacity
● Post secondary education in administration, nonprofit management or related field;
● Minimum of 2 years experience in administration and/or operations, or equivalent work experience;
● A strategic and critical thinker with stellar organizational and facilitation skills
● Excellent written and oral communications skills;
● High proficiency in the use and administration of cloud solutions e.g. Google Suite, Asana, and Slack;
● Project and event management experience and ability to plan and carry out complex assignments within tight deadlines;
● Experience, knowledge of, and passion for Canada’s 2SLGBQTI+ sector;
● A strong knowledge of and commitment to principles of social justice, anti-racism, and intersectionality; and
● A team player who exhibits and embraces the values of The Enchanté Network.
To apply, please send your CV and resume to email@example.com by Friday, May 26, 2023