Reports to: Executive Director
Hours & Term: 37.5 hours per week; until December 31st, 2023 (possibility of extension).
Place of Work: Working remotely within Canada (stable, reliable internet connection required)
Salary & Benefits: $43,104 – $55,000, plus dental and health benefits
Vacation: 4 weeks paid per year, plus 1.5 sick days per month
Languages required: High-level working proficiency in English and French required. Other languages (including Indigenous languages) are an asset.
Job Purpose: To contribute to the smooth running of The Enchanté Network through a coordinated and collaborative role focusing on administrative and financial systems, meeting management and executive support.
The Enchanté Network is the largest network of 2SLGBTQI+ organizations in Canada. We connect, support and advocate for more than 200 independent 2SLGBTQI+ organizations. Our network spans every province and territory, and our members include 2 Spirit societies, pride centres, HIV/AIDS organizations, trans collectives, and countless other essential, frontline organizations.
The Enchanté Network offers a strong benefits package, but most importantly, we offer the opportunity to build a truly national ecosystem of thriving 2SLGBTQI+ organizations. If you believe in the possibility of a vibrant, indigenized, anti-racist, sustainable network of 2SLGBTQI+ organizations from coast to coast to coast– we want you on our team!
Administration & Operations (60%)
- Front line reception for the office: Answers general email and other inquiries, and processes mail and correspondence
- Office support: maintains organisational records and accounts (all digital and print files); administers purchasing and maintains inventory
- Internal: Participate in monthly operations meetings, and coordinate with other administrators when needed
- IT support: Assists team with software updates and backups, ensures
- appropriate staff training on internal systems and troubleshooting, maintains capital equipment
- Digital Systems & Technology: Administrator for The Enchanté Network technology tools (Asana, Slack, Jotform, Google Suite, etc.) and software, assists with tactical pieces of day-to-day use; and manages initiatives to enhance functionality
- CRM and Software Platforms: Manager of The Enchanté Network’s Customer Relationship Management (Jotform) and related platform systems. Responsible for researching Association Management Software (ASM) systems that meet The Enchanté Network’s unique needs
- Membership Database: Regularly maintain and improve The Enchanté Network’s membership database to meet The Enchanté Network’s unique and evolving needs.
- Policy: Support the development of internal and external organisational policies and procedures as required.
- Human Resources support: Maintains employee files, on-boarding and off-boarding processes, professional development tracking and vacation tracking
- Financial Coordination and Support: Prepare for and support bookkeeping service (process receivables, prepare bank deposits, prepare invoices, process accounts payable, ensure appropriate authorizations); report generation from Quickbooks; reconciliations as appropriate
- Grant Administration: supports tracking for grant and earned income revenue; manages grant files and financial transactions related to grants; supports E.D. in grant management as needed
- Support Executive Director with quarterly reports, annual budget and audit processes
Event & Meeting Management (15%)
- Preparation and Meeting Support: Meeting support for The Enchanté Network Board, committees, working groups, monthly webinars and otherThe Enchanté Network events, including scheduling and logistics, catering, booking rooms, room setup, note taking, preparing materials and meeting packages
- Conference Support: Ongoing support to The Enchanté Network team for conferences and summits: Develop and implement critical path, volunteer management, inventory, purchasing, travel subsidy process, and registration support
Executive Support (15%)
- Board of Directors and Governance: support as needed including meeting management, Board package support, scheduling, executive reporting, and related administrative support
- Support Executive Director in terms of scheduling, filing, managing workflow, preparing for meetings, etc
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. grant writing research and support; communications assistance, membership services support, etc.)
- Integral member of The Enchanté Network team
Work Environment Responsibilities
- Identifying and communicating your professional development needs in conversation with your direct supervisor
- Setting and maintaining boundaries, including when doing work related to identities, oppression, and community dynamics
- Cultivating open, ongoing communication with direct supervisor and staff on matters related to work-related projects, tasks, well-being, and capacity
- Post secondary education in administration, nonprofit management or related field;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in administration and/or operations, or equivalent work experience;
- A strategic and critical thinker, with stellar administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- High proficiency in use and administration of cloud solutions e.g Google Suite, Asana, Slack, and Quickbooks;
- High proficiency in use and administration of database administration, Jotform and other Association Management Software (ASM) systems experience is an asset
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel as well as budget development and management is an asset;
- Project and event management experience and ability to plan and carry out complex assignments within tight deadlines;
- Experience, knowledge of, and passion for Canada’s 2SLGBTQI+ sector;
- A strong knowledge of and commitment to principles of social justice, anti-racism, and intersectionality; and
- A team player who exhibits and embraces the values of The Enchanté Network.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by January 6th, 2023, at 12:00 am EST.