Reports to: Manager of Programs
Hours & Term: 18.75 hours per week; until May 31st, 2024 (possibility of extension)
Place of Work: Working remotely within Canada (stable, reliable internet connection required)
Salary & Benefits: $32,060, plus dental and health benefits
Vacation: 2 weeks paid per year, plus 1.5 sick days per month
Languages required: English required. Bilingualism is preferred. French and other languages (including Indigenous languages) are an asset.
The Enchanté Network is seeking an experienced project coordinator to support the development of a Social Innovation and Social Finance awareness campaign and educational resources to empower 2SLGBTQI+ organizations to achieve diversity in their revenue streams.
The Enchanté Network is the largest network of 2SLGBTQI+ organizations in Canada. We connect, support and advocate for more than 200 independent 2SLGBTQI+ organizations. Our network spans every province and territory, and our members include 2 Spirit societies, pride centres, HIV/AIDS organizations, trans collectives, and countless other essential, frontline organizations.
The Enchanté Network offers a strong benefits package, but most importantly, we offer the opportunity to build a truly national ecosystem of thriving 2SLGBTQI+ organizations. If you believe in the possibility of a vibrant, indigenized, anti-racist, sustainable network of 2SLGBTQI+ organizations from coast to coast to coast– we want you on our team!
- Regularly consult current and prospective members of the Enchanté Network to determine their needs and policy priorities and to inform them about relevant opportunities
- Support publicity, promotion, and outreach of programming and events under the supervision of the Manager of Programs
- Regularly brief and update the Manager of Programs on key membership dynamics, needs, and priorities
- Learn, understand, and follow protocols and traditions of the nations and communities who are members of the Enchanté Network
- Regularly facilitate stakeholder and network engagement using a variety of methods through virtual and in-person platforms
Program and Project Responsibilities
- Consistently embed and operationalize frameworks of anti-racism, anti-oppression, and intersectionality throughout all aspects of your work
- Manage various aspects of project objectives through forecasting, workplans and conducting evaluations
- Engage 2SLGBTQI+ communities in programming, consultations and events
- Create, implement, and evaluate networking opportunities for Enchanté Network member organizations, including needs assessment consultations and reporting
- Facilitate community consultations and advisory committees
- Identify, book, and liaise with external facilitators and contractors under the supervision of the Manager of Programs
Resource and Materials Creation Responsibilities
- Develop, draft and facilitate webinars, workshops, and presentations on social finance and social innovation
- Develop, draft, and support reports and resources based on the membership and programs work you do, including educational resources, policy reports, and evaluation reports, among others
- Support the creation of social media and marketing content
General Organisational Work
- Support The Enchanté Networks programs team in creating, planning, and executing general Enchanté Network programs and events as required
- Support The Enchanté Network’s membership team, including with strategy and maintenance of the membership database, as required
- Support The Enchanté Network’s fund development team with grant prospecting and applications, as required
- Support the development of internal and external organizational policies and procedures as required
Administrative, Operational, and Financial Responsibilities
- Create, use and share templates for selecting, booking and paying external facilitators and contractors, as required
- Track your membership engagement and program event statistics, evaluation indicators to be determined in conversations with the Manager of Programs
- Develop proposed program budgets in collaboration with your direct supervisor
- Manage and report on your program budgets in conversation with your direct supervisor
- Support with administrative, operational, and financial responsibilities, as required
- Such other duties as The Enchanté Network may reasonably assign to you from time to time.
Work Environment Responsibilities
- Identifying and communicating your professional development needs in conversation with your direct supervisor and The Enchanté Network’s Executive Director
- Setting and maintaining boundaries, including when doing work related to identities, oppression, and community dynamics
- Cultivating open, ongoing communication with direct supervisor and staff on matters related to work-related projects, tasks, well-being, and capacity
- Post-secondary education in financial management, political science, social sciences, or other related fields or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in project coordinator-related role;
- A strategic and critical thinker with stellar organizational and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- High proficiency in the use and administration of cloud solutions e.g. Google Suite, Asana, and Slack;
- Project and event management experience and ability to plan and carry out complex assignments within tight deadlines;
- Experience, knowledge of, and passion for Canada’s 2SLGBQTI+ sector;
- A strong knowledge of and commitment to principles of social justice, anti-racism, and intersectionality; and
- A team player who exhibits and embraces the values of The Enchanté Network.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 31 , 2023, at 12:00 am EST.