Reports to: Manager of Programs
Hours & Term: 37.5 hours per week; until March 31st, 2024 (possibility of extension)
Place of Work: Working remotely within Canada (stable, reliable internet connection required)
Salary & Benefits: $43,104 – $55,000, plus dental and health benefits
Vacation: 4 weeks paid per year, plus 1.5 sick days per month
Languages required: English required. Bilingualism preferred. French and other languages (including Indigenous languages) are an asset.
The Enchanté Network is seeking an experienced project coordinator to support the Back to Our Roots project and general programs. The Back to Our Roots project is dedicated to connecting and supporting Black 2SLGBTQI+ movements from coast to coast to coast. Led by a deep commitment to anti-racism and intersectionality, this project will amplify community-based leadership and support Black 2SLGBQTI+ movement building on a national stage.
The Enchanté Network is the largest network of 2SLGBTQI+ organizations in Canada. We connect, support and advocate for more than 200 independent 2SLGBTQI+ organizations. Our network spans every province and territory, and our members include 2 Spirit societies, pride centres, HIV/AIDS organizations, trans collectives, and countless other essential, frontline organizations.
The Enchanté Network offers a strong benefits package, but most importantly, we offer the opportunity to build a truly national ecosystem of thriving 2SLGBTQI+ organizations. If you believe in the possibility of a vibrant, indigenized, anti-racist, sustainable network of 2SLGBTQI+ organizations from coast to coast to coast– we want you on our team!
- Regularly consult current and prospective Black- 2SLGBTQI+ serving members of the Enchanté Network to determine their needs and policy priorities and to inform them about relevant opportunities
- Support publicity, promotion, and outreach of programming and events under the supervision of the Manager of Programs
- Regularly brief and update the Manager of Programs on key membership dynamics, needs, and priorities
- Learn, understand, and follow protocols and traditions of the nations and communities who are members of the Enchanté Network
- Regularly facilitate stakeholder and network engagement using a variety of methods through virtual and in-person platforms
Program and Project Responsibilities
- Consistently embed and operationalize frameworks of anti-racism, anti-oppression, and intersectionality throughout all aspects of your work
- Manage various aspects of project objectives through forecasting, workplans and conducting evaluations
- Engage Black 2SLGBTQI+ communities in programming, consultations and events
- Create, implement, and evaluate networking opportunities for Black-serving Enchanté Network member organizations, including needs assessment consultations and reporting
- Facilitate community consultations and advisory committees
- Identify, book, and liaise with external facilitators and contractors under the supervision of the Manager of Programs
Resource and Materials Creation Responsibilities
- Develop, draft, and support reports and resources based on the membership and programs work you do, including educational resources, policy reports, and evaluation reports, among others
- Support the creation of social media and marketing content
General Organisational Work
- Support The Enchanté Networks programs team in creating, planning, and executing general Enchanté Network programs and events as required
- Support The Enchanté Network’s membership team, including with strategy and maintenance of the membership database, as required
- Support The Enchanté Network’s fund development team with grant prospecting and applications, as required
- Support the development of internal and external organizational policies and procedures as required
Administrative, Operational, and Financial Responsibilities
- Create, use and share templates for selecting, booking and paying external facilitators and contractors, as required
- Track your membership engagement and program event statistics, evaluation indicators to be determined in conversations with the Manager of Programs
- Develop proposed program budgets in collaboration with your direct supervisor
- Manage and report on your program budgets in conversation with your direct supervisor
- Support with administrative, operational, and financial responsibilities, as required
- Such other duties as The Enchanté Network may reasonably assign to you from time to time.
Work Environment Responsibilities
- Identifying and communicating your professional development needs in conversation with your direct supervisor and The Enchanté Network’s Executive Director
- Setting and maintaining boundaries, including when doing work related to identities, oppression, and community dynamics
- Cultivating open, ongoing communication with direct supervisor and staff on matters related to work-related projects, tasks, well-being, and capacity
- Post-secondary education in sociology, political science, social sciences, communications, or other related fields or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in project coordinator-related role;
- A strategic and critical thinker with stellar organizational and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- High proficiency in the use and administration of cloud solutions e.g. Google Suite, Asana, and Slack;
- Project and event management experience and ability to plan and carry out complex assignments within tight deadlines;
- Experience, knowledge of, and passion for Canada’s 2SLGBQTI+ sector;
- A strong knowledge of and commitment to principles of social justice, anti-racism, and intersectionality; and
- A team player who exhibits and embraces the values of The Enchanté Network.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2023, at 12:00 am EST.